Wednesday 19 May 2010

Charity Event





















It's been a long time since I have blogged. I am currently at home nursing day three of a sore throat and was awake at 2am this morning coughing and spluttering eugghh. I am taking a day of rest from college as year one of the BA Contemporary Textiles degree is nearly over and thought I would make use of the day by atleast accomplishing one thing on my long to do list: KIAB Blog yay!

KIAB has had a lot of interest of late and a few wholesale orders are being requested, one being as far as North Hollywood - just waiting on feedback! We have been involved in a couple of mini fashion show charity events, one being a eco show in Tiger Tiger and the other for a friend of mine in Pembrokeshire in aid of the Harriet Davies Trust. I would like to say thank you to my Models for the evening, who did an amazing job. So thank you to Charlotte and Tiffany (who have modelled for me once before) and to Tyler, Megan and Felicty. Hope you liked your gifts ; ).  From the Tiger Tiger event we had a write up by a Fashionista website site in New York and a couple of sales followed.

So now I will have a little more time on my hands to devote to marketing and preparing a new range for the Welsh Designers show in October. This time it will be using more organic fabric and also some upcyled and recycled designs, and watch out for some of KIABs own prints! Colonial Eastern designs in knickers, tops, bikins and little dresses ensue in a mix of exotic eye catching colours.

I am excited that Hannah Disley, fellow textile student, will be designing a couple of lovely tops for KIAB as well. She also makes accessories - check out her FB page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=744327124&v=box_3&ref=profile#!/group.php?gid=112051082142490 

Weekly Blog to happen throughout the Summer showing progress leading to the Welsh Designers. Thanks for reading!!

Rosie
KIAB










No comments: